Breaking News: Fire destroys home of Henrietta family

1450
Volunteer firefighters from Henrietta and Jolly battled a blaze at a Henrietta home Monday afternoon.

Volunteer firefighters from Henrietta and Jolly battled a blaze at a Henrietta home Monday afternoon.

A Henrietta family is without a home but managed to save many of their belongings following a house fire Monday afternoon.

The blaze broke out between 2:30 and 2:45 p.m. When volunteer firefighters from Henrietta arrived at the home of Robert Broussard and son Austen at 816 N. California St., the roof was on fire. Henrietta Fire Chief Mike Roberts said that when the front door of the residence was opened, flames were coming from the ceiling.

No one was home when the fire started.

Roberts said the fire appears to have started in the attic, and probably smoldered for sometime before the blaze was reported. A neighbor smelled what he believed to be smoke from a chimney for a “couple of hours” before stepping outside to see smoke coming from the home.

The house, a rental property, is owned by Don and Diane Shipley of Henrietta.

Henrietta and Jolly firefighters managed to limit most of the fire damage to the attic and roof of the house, though the interior of the home was damaged by water and smoke.

Share.

About Author

Pioneer Sentinel

The Pioneer Sentinel is an online newspaper designed to deliver the news of Clay County, Texas, in a concise and community-friendly format.

Leave A Reply