A barbecue grill is blamed for a structure fire Sunday afternoon at a residence on Hwy. 148, approximately 3 1/2 miles south of Henrietta.
The fire was reported at about 3:20 by a passerby who was waved down by a teenage boy. The boy told officials that he was cooking on the grill when the fire started. The small grassfire quickly spread to a nearby pole barn. The barn was completely engulfed when firefighters arrived.
The home, owned by Robert Admire of Henrietta, was saved by firefighters. The barn and its contents are a total loss. In all, the blaze burned between five and 10 acres.
Volunteer fire departments from Henrietta, Bluegrove and Jolly had the blaze extinguished by 4:20 p.m.