The Henrietta Volunteer Fire Department responded to a report of smoke at the Clay County Sheriff’s Office Tuesday morning.
Sheriff Kenny Lemons said a dryer in the building overheated, causing towels in the machine to begin to burn. No damage was caused to the building and no personnel or inmates were in jeopardy. The HVFD was called out at 7:35 a.m.
Smoke was limited to a mechanical room and the vehicle bay. The towels were removed from the dryer and soaked with water before firefighters arrived.