Fire claims the home of Bellevue family; no injuries reported

58
Volunteer fire fighters work to extinguish flames on one of the remaining walls of a Bellevue home that burned Friday night.

Volunteer fire fighters work to extinguish flames on one of the remaining walls of a Bellevue home that burned Friday night.

The Bellevue home of Ronnie and Sandra Jones was lost to fire Friday night while the family was away in Wichita Falls.

A faulty hot water heater is suspected to have caused the blaze. The fire at 921 4th Street was reported shortly before 7:54 p.m. After seeing smoke coming from the home, neighbors reported hearing a loud “pop” near where the natural gas-fueled water heater was located, said Bellevue Fire Chief Mark Hanson.

The house is a total loss. No injuries were reported.

The Jones lived in the home with their adult son Kyle, who is mentally disabled. Red Cross has been in contact with the Jones, who will stay with family for the time being.

The Bellevue, Vashti, Bowie, Bowie Rural and Henrietta volunteer fire departments responded to the fire.

Share.

About Author

Pioneer Sentinel

The Pioneer Sentinel is an online newspaper designed to deliver the news of Clay County, Texas, in a concise and community-friendly format.

Leave A Reply