Fire destroys Dean home early Thursday morning

3
A fire that started at the back of a house on Ray Road early Thursday morning quickly spread into the attic, causing parts of the roof and ceiling to collapse. No one was home at the time of the fire.

A fire that started at the back of a house on Ray Road early Thursday morning quickly spread into the attic, causing parts of the roof and ceiling to collapse. No one was home at the time of the fire.

Volunteer fire fighters from the Dean-Dale, Jolly, Henrietta and Petrolia departments responded to an early morning house fire in Dean Thursday.

No one was home at the time of the blaze. The house, located at 269 Ray Road, is owned by Donnie J. and Vickie Henley, according to the Clay County Appraisal District website.

The fire, reported at 12:50 a.m., started at the back of the house, in an area described as a screened-in porch. The blaze quickly spread into the attic, causing portions of the roof and ceiling to collapse.

As of 4 a.m., fire fighters remained on scene.

Share.

About Author

Pioneer Sentinel

The Pioneer Sentinel is an online newspaper designed to deliver the news of Clay County, Texas, in a concise and community-friendly format.

Leave A Reply