Readers of all ages will explore all things underground as Edwards Public Library presents “Dig Into Reading” during their summer library program.
Registration for the summer library program begins Monday, June 3 and continues through Friday, July 5 during regular business hours. Story time will be held each Wednesday, beginning at 10 a.m. All programs are free of charge.
Activities may include programs on dinosaurs or construction vehicles, animals that live underground or Ancient Egypt, caves, rocks and more.
The 2013 summer reading program is open to young people, preschool through young adult, with programs, prize drawings, story hours, a reading club and more. Families are invited to join the Read-to-Me portion of the program.
“Dig Into Reading” story times will be held each Wednesday through July 10 at the Holman Center, 211 N. Clay St., Henrietta. Story time dates are:
- June 5 — Dinosaur George: Paleontologist
- June 12 — James Wand: Magician
- June 19 — Jungle Jim’s Wild Encounters: Wild Animal Adventures
- June 26 — Rhythm Path: Drum Circle
- July 3 — Arts and Craft: Make and Take
- July 5 — Last day to Login Reading Time by 5:00 pm (No exceptions)
- July 10 — Certificate Presentation* Clay County Judge Kenneth Liggett & Kelly Bloodworth, Henrietta City Manager – Presenters
For more information, call the library at 940-538-4791.