Midway won third place overall at the District UIL High School Academic meet in Bryson March 28.
The Midway team of Brandon Cannon, Gilbert Olivarez and Ashley Spearman placed first in current issues, while the mathematics team of Brody Wilson, Mark Nall, Ben Forester and Irene Farina Budino finished second. Wilson, Forester, Josh Fulbright and Austin Thorn placed second in number sense.
Individual results are as follows:
- Current Issues — Ashley Spearman, second place; Gilbert Olivarez, fourth place
- Computer Applications — Ben Forester, first place
- Feature Writing — Jorden Mass, sixth place
- Mathematics — Brody Wilson, second place; Ben Forester, third place
- Number Sense — Brody Wilson, third place; Ben Forester, sixth place
- Poetry Interpretation — Logan Harper, second place
- Prose Interpretation — Mikayla Graham, third place
- Ready Writing — Cassidy Mass, third place
Students placing first, second or third qualified for regional competition.