Region II FCCLA Conference was held in Waco this past weekend. Petrolia FCCLA members did an outstanding job by qualifying all five competition teams to compete in the State competions in April and by having two members elected to serve as Region Officers for 2013-2014.
Members of the Petrolia FCCLA chapter competed with various projects during the Region II Leadership Meeting in Waco, Feb. 15-16. All five leadership teams advanced to state. The state FCCLA Leadership Meeting will be held in Dallas, April 12-14.
Ryanne Macklin will serve as Vice President of Achievement for the 2013-14 school year. Macklin is the 2012-13 Vice President of Public Relations. Hanna Heuring has been elected Vice President of Public Relations for 2013-14.
Teams advancing to state are:
- Illustrated Talk, Senior — Nicole Ivey and Kelce Lemons
- Chapter Service Display, Junior — Brittney Ablia and Faith Reeves
- Chapter Service Display, Senior — Kayla Heflin, Alexus Karr and Sidney Mobley
- Chapter Service Display Occupational, Specific — Allie Ablia and Madison Oliver
- Applied Technology — Mallory Ridinger, Cheyenne Reese and Alyssa Wesley