Henrietta FFA had 52 chapter members put into practice FFA motto, “Learning to do – Doing to Learn…” at the recent Wichita District FFA Leadership Development Events competition. Seven of Henrietta’s eleven qualified for advancement and will be competing on the Area level.
Teams must place first or second in their respective competition event in order to advance. The following Henrietta LDE teams will be advancing:
- Junior FFA Skills Demonstration – First place. Team members are Lindsey Crafton, Colton Franks, Justin Koetter and Alexina Wages.
- Spanish Creed Speaking – First place. Team member is Miranda Flores.
- Senior FFA Skills Demonstration – Second place. Team members are Cheyenne Barry, Ethan Cantrell, Connor Kirby and Annelise Sauer.
- Agricultural Issues Forum – Second place. Team members are Parker Dunkerley, Heather Hicks, Courtney Pruett, Riley Sizemore, Andi Stewart, Brittney Taylor and Addison Wade.
- Senior Chapter Conducting – Second Place. Team members are Kolton Beeler, Kati Jo Blanscett, Braiden Hinkle, Brooke Hoff, Klayton Hoff, Parker Kleinert, Braiden Obermeir, Rebecca Riggins, McKenzie White andTrent Yurcho.
- FFA Radio – Second place. Team members are Cassie Pickett, Chris Reel, Anni Scholl and Adriana Velez.
- Job Interview – Second place. Team member is Stefanie Wolf.
FFA district competition is arranged by geographical location as compared to UIL school classification. Henrietta’s Wichita District is made up of 18 schools located in the counties of Clay, Wichita, Archer, Wilbarger and Hardeman.
Other Henrietta teams placing well were the Junior FFA Creed Speaking team of Logan Carter, third place; the Senior FFA Creed Speaking team of Josey Cleveland, third place; the FFA Public Relations team of Macey Baber, Rody Fenoglio, Darbey Hood and Kristen Riddle, third place; the Junior Chapter Conducting team of Katelyn Bowles, Justin C. Davis, Connor Duncan, Casey Gill, Kirland Hoff, Lane Peterson, Chelsey Prior, Riley Watson and Ethan Williams, fifth place; and the Junior FFA Quiz team of Kristina Aylor, Laramie Dunn, Tejas Edwards and Savanna Hunter.
FFA LDE’s center around “real world” situations for members to demonstrate their abilities in public speaking, decision making, communication and their knowledge of agriculture and the FFA organization. Area competition will be held on the Tarleton State University campus in Stephenville, Nov. 17.