Two men were evacuated by helicopter from a pump jack site in southwest Clay County Tuesday afternoon after an explosion at an oil tank battery.
A father and son crew were working around the tank battery when the explosion occurred. Kent Neville, emergency management coordinator for Clay County, said that according to fire fighters on the scene, the flash fire might have been caused by a cigarette.
Names of the victims have not been released. The accident occurred on South Myers Road, south of FM 1883, near Deer Creek.
The father, 53, received severe burns to his face, neck, shoulders and side. The son was badly burned on one arm, and was able to walk to the road to wait for first responders.
Both men were taken to the Parkland Hospital burn unit in Dallas.
Volunteer fire fighters from Bluegrove were dispatched, along with EMS units from Clay County Memorial Hospital and Clay County deputies.