[social] [social_icon link="/?feed=rss2" title="RSS" type="rss" /] [social_icon link="http://facebook.com/pioneer.sentinel" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /] [social_icon link="http://twitter.com/PioneerNewsNow" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /] [/social]

Electrical short causes vehicle fire on local ranch


Henrietta Volunteer Fire Fighters extinguished a vehicle fire on the Blake Brothers Ranch southeast of Henrietta Friday morning.

Henrietta Volunteer Fire Fighters were dispatched to a vehicle fire near Anderson Road Friday morning.

Doug Wimberley was putting out round bales of hay on the Blake Brothers Ranch southeast of Henrietta Aug. 10 when an electrical short under the hood of the 2004 Chevrolet one-ton pickup he was driving caused the vehicle to catch fire.

Wimberley told fire fighters that he had a bale on the truck’s bale spike when he saw smoke coming from under the hood.

Wimberley got out of the pickup, cut a hydraulic hose, which caused the bale spike to drop, and drove away from the hay bale. He sped toward a nearby stock tank, but the pickup died before he could get to the water, in an area with little grass. The heat was too intense for Wimberley to open the hood.

Fire fighters arrived at 11:59 p.m. to find the vehicle fully engulfed. They made short work of the blaze, preventing a grass fire.

There were no injuries during the incident.


About Author

The Pioneer Sentinel is an online newspaper designed to deliver the news of Clay County, Texas, in a concise and community-friendly format.

Comments are closed.