House a total loss after early morning fire

0

Henrietta and Jolly fire fighters were called to a house fire at 901 E. Commerce in Henrietta early Friday morning.

A Henrietta home was deemed a complete loss after fire tore through the structure early Friday morning.

Volunteer fire fighters from Henrietta and Jolly were dispatched to the fire at 901 E. Commerce St. shortly after 4 a.m. The house, a rental property, was vacant at the time of the blaze; it’s most recent occupant, Ronald Emanuel of Henrietta, having moved out last week.

A neighbor said Emanuel was at the home as recently as Thursday, removing some of his belongings. Fire fighters said some of Emanuel’s belongings were still in the house.

Mike Roberts, Henrietta VFD fire chief, said the blaze began at the back of the house, near a breaker box, and most likely started as an electrical fire. The fire melted siding and scorched the eaves of the house next door.

Randy and Angela Lee Klein of Henrietta own the property, appraised at $15,410.

Share.

About Author

Pioneer Sentinel

The Pioneer Sentinel is an online newspaper designed to deliver the news of Clay County, Texas, in a concise and community-friendly format.

Comments are closed.