A four-year-old Henrietta girl is recovering after a rattlesnake bit her Monday afternoon.
The girl was at her grandparents’ residence in the 800 block of Tucker Road, near Dean, when the snake struck. The snake bite was reported just after 5 p.m. Dean-Dale VFD were the first to respond. She was bit on the elbow.
The girl was taken by helicopter to Cook’s Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth, where she is in the Intensive Care Unit. According to a relative, swelling caused by the bite is going down. She has received two rounds of anti-venom treatment and is responding well.