[social] [social_icon link="/?feed=rss2" title="RSS" type="rss" /] [social_icon link="http://facebook.com/pioneer.sentinel" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /] [social_icon link="http://twitter.com/PioneerNewsNow" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /] [/social]

Suspected electrical fire damages Bellevue home

0

Fire fighters from the Bellevue and Bowie Rural VFDs enter the home of Marvin and Michelle Bigbie Thursday morning.

By Matt Kelton
Pioneer Sentinel

A house fire in Bellevue just before noon Thursday is believed to have been caused by an electrical short according to the homeowners.

The house, at 737 Betz St. in Bellevue, is the home of Marvin and Michelle Bigbie. Both were at work when the fire broke out.

Michelle Bigbie said she had left work early and, once arriving home, opened the front door to billowing black smoke. She immediately alerted neighbors and called 911. The fire was reported at about 11:30 a.m.

Volunteer Fire Fighters from Bellevue, Bowie Rural VFD and Henrietta responded and quickly had the fire under control. The fire rekindled just as fire fighters were beginning to leave the scene at about 12:45 p.m., but was quickly extinguished. No flames were visible from outside the home.

The fire began in the back part of the house. Marvin Bigbie said it appeared to have sparked around an electrical outlet. Damage was limited to the home’s interior, where firefighters tore into through a bedroom ceiling to access the attic, and carried out partially burned interior doors. The intense heat also blew out a bedroom window.

Share.

About Author

The Pioneer Sentinel is an online newspaper designed to deliver the news of Clay County, Texas, in a concise and community-friendly format.

Comments are closed.