[social] [social_icon link="/?feed=rss2" title="RSS" type="rss" /] [social_icon link="http://facebook.com/pioneer.sentinel" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /] [social_icon link="http://twitter.com/PioneerNewsNow" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /] [/social]

Henrietta family without home after Tuesday fire

0

Henrietta Volunteer Fire Fighter Bryan McKey douses hot spots inside a Henrietta home Tuesday morning.

Donations clothing and household items are needed. To give, click here.

By Matt Kelton
Pioneer Sentinel

A family of eight is without a home after a Tuesday morning fire in Henrietta.

The blaze was reported at about 11:20 p.m. at 702 S. Clay St., the home of Donnie and Becky Waters. They are the parents of six children.

No one was home when the fire broke out. Two dogs escaped without harm.

Mike Roberts, chief of the Henrietta Volunteer Fire Department, said the singlewide mobile home was fully engulfed when fire fighters arrived. It is believed that the fire started near a hot water heater near the back of the house.

Fire fighters had the blaze under control within seven minutes of their arrival. Units from Henrietta and Jolly VFD’s responded.

There were no injuries.

No damage estimate was available, but the house is a total loss. Roberts said he is not certain whether or not the house was insured. It was later confirmed that it was not.

Red Cross provided the family with vouchers to purchase new clothing.

Share.

About Author

The Pioneer Sentinel is an online newspaper designed to deliver the news of Clay County, Texas, in a concise and community-friendly format.

Comments are closed.